Thursday 9 March 2017

New journal article and forthcoming conference/workshop

Hello,

 logoI'm pleased to say that a collaboration with my colleague Marcio Alves da Rocha from the Federal Univerity of Goiás, Brazil, entitled Decoding cultural signifiers of Brazilian identity and the African diaspora in the music of Sepultura has just been published in this months edition of the Metal Music Studies journal (Intellect/Ingenta). Full details are on my publications page, or you can visit the journal homepage here.

Also at the end of this month I am very much looking forward to attending the Computational Ethnomusicology: Methodologies for a New Field workshop at the Lorentz Centre, Lieden, Netherlands. Again details in the publications page. If you are attending, do let me know and hopefully we will be able to catch up! (I'm also going to see Mayhem on the 28th in Haarlem so if you are going to go to that from Lieden, again, drop me a line!).

That's all for now, more soon..

Cheers,

Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.