Monday 23 January 2017

Song collecting, conference papers

Happy new year!

I'm pleased to be able to post a few updates about my work with the Song Collectors Collective. I am the educational programme developer of the "Pathway" course, a free, online course in collecting traditional and folk song, based on the fascinating work already being undertaken by the SCC, thanks to Arts Council funding. I've attached a clip by Sam Lee (singer and avid collector) discussing the work.


The course is live now at openlearning.com/courses/song-collectors-pathway and you can find out more about the SCC at songcollectors.org

Also as part of this work I have presented a couple of conference papers (at the Song Collectors Gathering in November in London, and more recently, at the Digital Memory symposium in Plymouth). Details of these, and a forthcoming invited paper in Vancouver at the 17th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, are up on the writing page now.

Finally, I've received an invitation (and am very much looking forward to) speaking and participating at the first Computational Ethnomusicology workshop in Leiden, Netherlands, in March.

Hopefully I will see some of you at one or the other!

Lots more news on books and forthcoming journal papers soon.

Thanks,

Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.