Friday 1 July 2011

Hello!

I've just got back from a short break, but still ticking over despite the end of term.

I'm pleased to have been part of the peer review team for the AES New York convention, working on papers to do with psychoacoustics and perception, and studio production & recording. It's been good to see in advance what other people are up to, and also quite eye-opening to see what it is like from the reviewer angle when working on these things.

On the music front I recorded Dr Owen Rees conducting The Queen's College Choir at Evensong last friday and have just finished the edits. The recording was carried out on location using four stereo microphone arrays which I hope will allow me to continue some of the work I presented at the London AES convention in May; evaluating stereo techniques psychoacoustically.

And, last but not least, the Motion Theory mixes are finished now and I think the guys are getting things pressed up for a late July release. It was recorded by the band and essentially mixed 'remotely' which seems to have worked pretty well, so get in touch if you would be interested in trying a mix yourself!

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.