Thursday 27 October 2011

Back from NYC

Hi All,

I'm back from the AES New York convention and very jetlagged! A great show, with lots of fascinating research presented. I was particularly excited by some sound recording work from McGill and the new MPEG standards being worked on by Fraunhofer IIS (both in the session on Listening Tests that I was involved in), but I also enjoyed catching up with some familiar faces from the IoSR and APRS in between a spot of sight seeing!

Last night saw the book launch for "Schubert's Fingerprints" by Susan Wollenberg, out on Ashgate, which I had a small technical / behind the scenes role in (mostly with notation examples) - it has already picked up rave reviews so if musicology is your thing you might like to take a look here.

My friend and colleague has just passed the 4/5 'Q' review of Piney Gir's album (see below) under my nose so a big congrats to them!

Bye,

Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.